|Homework Tools / Tutoring Help|
|Scott County Library|
All of Scott County Library classes, programs, events, and outreach are canceled through August. Monitor our COVID-19 Response Page for the latest updates to library services.
NEED BOOKS, MOVIES, AND CD’S TO STAY BUSY?
Curbside Delivery: Bored and needing something to do? Use our curbside pickup service to get library books, movies, and CD’s. Simply follow these steps:
- Step 1: Browse our online catalog at www.scottlib.org and place holds on items you would like to request. You will need your library card number and 4 digit pin number to place the hold. If you are not sure what yours is simply call the library and leave a message and we will get back to you.
- Step 2: Wait for us to email you to let you know your items are at the library to be picked up. That email will contain a link to sign up for a curbside pickup appointment.
- Step 3: Show up for your scheduled pickup appointment. Park in the curbside pickup spot located by the front library door. Call the number on the sign to let staff know you are there.
- Go to our curbside pickup page for more information. https://www.scottlib.org/1937/Curbside-Pickup
Scott County Staff Recommended Reads:
Women of Mystery - Mysteries and thrillers featuring smart women who can take care of themselves. Suggested by Beth, Branch Supervisor at the Elko New Market Library.
- Cop Town by Karin Slaughter
- The Child Finder by Rene Denfeld - 1st book in the Naomi Cottle series
- Unsub by Meg Gardiner - 1st book in the Unsub series
- Love You More by Lisa Gardner - 1st book in the Tessa Leoni series
- Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs - 1st book in the Temperance Brennan series
All Scott County Libraries to reopen with limited Express services
Beginning Monday, July 20, all Scott County Library locations will reopen with limited Express services. Library customers may visit the library during Express Service hours to browse for items, collect their holds, use WiFi, and interact with staff.
Other services, including Curbside Pickup and Computer Use, will continue to be available by appointment only. Customers can make appointments by calling their library, visiting the library website at www.scottlib.org, or by downloading the Scott County Library mobile app “Scott Lib (MN)” in their app store.
Visitors should expect a modified experience when they visit their library. Spaces have been changed to encourage social distancing and minimize opportunities for spreading COVID-19. The Library asks visitors to limit their visits to 30 minutes and keep interactions with staff to 10 minutes or less.
Other important safety measures will be in place. Face masks that fully cover the mouth and nose will be required for all visitors over the age of two. Staff will also be wearing masks. If a customer does not have a mask, we will provide them with one free of cost. The library will also increase the frequency of cleaning and encourage customers to use self-service opportunities.
The Library encourages customers to visit their website to view a detailed list of Frequently Asked Questions about reopening. Customers may also call their library with questions:
Belle Plaine Library: 952-873-6767