Park Shelter Rental
City of Belle Plaine Park Shelter Rental Policy
The shelters at Union Square and Court Square may be reserved by individuals and organizations for gatherings and events. The shelters are available for rent from Memorial Day weekend through November 1. The shelter rental fee is set each year by City Council resolution and is subject to change.
2017 Park Shelter Rental Rates:
- Resident (pays City tax) $30 plus sales tax
- Non-Resident (does not pay City tax) $40 plus sales tax
- Local Non-Profit: no charge
*All shelter rentals, including non-profit, require a $50.00 damage deposit fee to be refunded upon inspection of shelter and/or when key is returned.
- Must be at least 18 years old to reserve Park Shelter.
- Contact City Hall to check availability/book at 952-873-5553.
Shelter Rental Information:
- Park Shelter key may be picked up at City Hall on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm of the week of your reservation.
- Key must be returned with two business days.
- The park shelter will be available for your use for the date you reserved. You may not store items or utilize the park shelter earlier than your rental date.
- All waste and litter shall be disposed of in the trash receptacles. You are responsible for cleaning and properly disposing of all garbage.
- Parks hours are from 7:00am – 9:00pm daily.
- Restrooms are unlocked during park hours by Public Works
- Do NOT turn off or unplug the refrigerators. The refrigerators are to remain on at all times.
- Alcohol is prohibited on City property per City Code Section 410.00
- No tents or other alternative shelter may be installed that require staking into the ground.
- Inflatable jumpers are prohibited unless you provide certificate of insurance with a $1 million dollar general liability, $1 million dollar umbrella coverage and sign a waiver releasing the City of Belle Plaine from all liability/injury.