Current City Projects
Street Reconstruction Project
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE - 5/17/2018
Another week down! Thank you for your cooperation and patience this past week. Below is a summary of the work completed this week and a look into what work is anticipated to take place next week:
Work to completed this week (5/14/18 - 5/18/18)
- Sanitary sewer was installed in Oakwood Circle. Only a small portion sanitary sewer remains to be installed at the far west end of the Oakwood neighborhood.
- Watermain installation continued throughout the Oakwood neighborhood. Only a small portion of watermain at the far west end of the Oakwood neighborhood remains to be installed.
Work to be completed next week (5/21/18 - 5/25/18)
- Sanitary sewer and watermain installation at the far west end of the Oakwood neighborhood (Monday).
- Sanitary and water service installation. The contractor will be hooking up new sewer and water services to residents’ existing services located at the City’s right of way (behind the curb).
Notes to Residents:
- The City of Belle Plaine’s Public Works Department plans to replace residents’ water meters as part of this project. This will take place during water service installation. Public Works will be in the Oakwood neighborhood throughout next week to replace meters. A flier was previously distributed. Contact Luke Wheeler with any questions.
- The contractor plans to fill trenches and regrade the road at the end of each day in order to maintain access to homes. Please note that this surface will be soft. Please be cautious when driving over these areas. If the contractor determiners that the soils are not suitable for driving, the roadway will be barricaded off.
- The temporary road on the west end the Oakwood neighborhood is soft in some spots. The contractor is doing their best to keep the road maintained. Please drive carefully.
Again, thank you for your patience and cooperation during construction. Please note that the contractors schedule is weather dependent. Scheduling tends to change on short notice. Thank you for your flexibility. Feel free to call me (Luke) with any questions you may have: 612-597-9105.
**Please spread the word to your fellow neighbors to sign up for email updates! This is the fastest and most effective way to get the word out to residents**
Oakwood Drive, Robert Circle, and Oakwood Circle
Scope of Work
Sanitary Sewer, watermain and storm sewer will be replaced as part of this project. The contractor will begin this utility work on April 23rd. This process will take several weeks so please look for future updates on construction.
The contractor will begin removing the existing pavement along Oakwood Drive, Robert Circle, and Oakwood Circle on Monday, April 30th. The contractor will be reclaiming the existing pavement. This process includes grinding up the existing pavement and gravel base under the existing road, blending it together, then placing it back down. Please have all vehicles off of the street by 7 am on Monday, April 30th to allow the contractor to complete this process.
The Contractor will be setting up a temporary watermain along the project. The contractor will be coordinating a time with all homeowners to connect temporary watermain to your outside water spigot. The contractor will need to enter your house to turn off the water using the inside valve in order to disconnect your water service from the existing watermain. Your cooperation with the contractor is necessary to ensure this switch goes smoothly. Once the switch has been completed, turn on your outside water spigot and let water run to inspect for any leaks.
The temporary watermain will be in service until the new watermain is completely installed. A wye will be installed on your spigot so that you will still be able to use it for outside purposes while being hooked up to temporary water.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout construction, please call Luke Wheeler at 612-597-9105. Thank you for your patience and cooperation during construction.
Highway 169 Road Construction
Summary of work
- Repair or replace concrete pavement on Hwy 169 from just south of Hwy 282 in Jordan to just north of Hwy 19 in Blakely Township
- Construct Reduced Conflict Intersection (RCI) at Hwy 59/Delaware Ave
- Install cable median barrier between Jordan and Belle Plaine
- Jim's Apple Farm safety improvements