Burn Permits & Restrictions
No burning is allowed within the City limits, however, burn permits are issued for rural residents located in the Belle Plaine Fire District. Area township residents may complete a burn permit application at Belle Plaine City Hall. The administrative fee is $25 and approved permits are in effect until December 31st. The City of Belle Plaine issues burn permits for surrounding townships within the Belle Plaine Fire Department jurisdiction which includes Belle Plaine Township, Blakeley Township, Faxon Township and St. Lawrence Township. Please contact the Belle Plaine City Hall or the Fire Chief if you have questions or concerns regarding burn permits.
Important information regarding burn permits:
- Scott County Dispatch must be contacted each time burning will take place.
- Scott County Dispatch: 952-445-1411.
- All burn permits issued at City Hall will expire December 31 of the year issued.
- Only vegetative materials such as grass, leaves, brush and untreated lumber may be burned.
- Burn permits will not be issued within City limits.
- Burn Permits are site specific. If you wish to burn in multiple locations, you must acquire multiple permits.
- It is the responsibility of the permittee to acknowledge and adhere to burn bans or restrictions.